6.04.2008

School Info Sheet

I had such grand ideas when my youngest started school. One of those ideas is having him fill out this information sheet after every year in school. As you can see, this is the last one he filled out--it says "First Grade" and he's just finished 7th Grade, so I haven't been very good about this!

I want all of you to learn from my mistake, so I'm posting about this now. I made the questionnaire in a Word Document. It includes the following "questions" to be filled out by your child in their own handwriting:

Year
Grade
Teacher
School
My favorite subject
Subject I like the least
At recess I like to
I like to play with these friends at recess
At lunch I like to sit with
Field trips I went on
My favorite book
My favorite lunch to buy
My best friend(s)
I won these prizes and/or awards
The best thing this year was
The worst thing this year was
I am best at
What I like the best about school
I’m looking forward to second grade because
When I grow up I want to be a
My signature

You can modify the "questions" to suit your purposes. This is also the second/right-hand page (the white spaces are where my son's school and last name are listed). For the first/left-hand page, I put my child's Fall and Spring photos (they had two taken that year) and the class photo. I'm printing out three of these ASAP for each of my kids in school so I can finally getting back on track to documenting these school memories!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

That's such a great idea, Melanie! I'm gonna do something like this with Kaylee. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful idea ...THANKS!