6.14.2008

Where is the scrapbooker?

Have you ever looked at your scrapbooks and thought was I there? Are you too busy behind the camera to remember that people what to see your photo too? Have you had big events in your life and no photos have been taken to document it?

Good photos or bad you need to be in your scrapbooks! These photos are not very good. They are taken in a gymnasium and outside as it was getting dark. They were also taken by my family who I must admit are getting better at photos.

I will include these photos in a BOM (Book of Me) page to document my struggle as a working mom to complete my Associates in Applied Science Travel and Tourism. It took me 2 years, 8 quarters and over 30 classes (not include previous college I got credit for.) I am the first one in my family to graduate too. It is an accomplishment that I am very proud of.

So... the next time you look at your books.... ask yourself WHERE IS THE SCRAPBOOKER? If you don't see yourself, hand over the camera and scrap the photos they take... good or bad. You and the generations that follow will be happy you did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great reminder and way to go!!!

Laura said...

WTG Jill! And you have a very good point here that I need to follow-turn the camera over to someone else and let me be in pictures (even if I do hate them!). Thanks, and congrats again!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jill!!! Great job turning the camera over to someone else. Maybe even a stranger so both DH and I get in the photos.

Deanna said...

Congrats Jill!!! This is soooo wonderful! :)