7.02.2008

Tiny Scrappers : Part Deux

Last week we had the pleasure of having my eight year old niece stay with us. She'd received a scrapbooking kit from Santa this past Christmas so she was delighted to get the opportunity to scrap with Aunt Julie. I wish I'd had a camera when she got her first glimpse of JulieWorld. It was like Disney to her little eyes but after an afternoon of scrapping I realized that there were just too many choices for her. The next day I gathered up a bunch of older supplies and some blank cards and set my daughter and niece up at the kitchen table for a "card-a-thon." They were so entertained by it that we left everything out for the entirety of her visit. (And my much neglected dining room actually got some use.) When we did clean up I handed my niece a gallon baggie and told her she could take whatever she wanted home with her. She was thrilled. I also sent her home with several old issues of Papercrafts and Creating Keepsakes. I have no doubt that she's spread out at my sister's kitchen table right now.



They made some beautiful cards and their creativity never ceases to amaze me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful! And you know, sometimes I feel the same way - overwelmed by the choices ... LOL

Deanna said...

aawww.....how wonderful they got to scrap together! Sounds like they had a GREAT time! :)