5.03.2008

Tiny Scrappers


If you don't already know, ScrapAddict offers a mini kit subscription for kids. My six year old daughter Meg has had the honor of being a Design Team member for the kid's kit for two and a half years now. She looks forward to her monthly kits and always digs eagerly into her bag for what she considers "the best part", the embellishments.

Meg has been "scrapping" with me since she was three but I'm so grateful for the opportunity she's had here at ScrapAddict. Because of her DT stint she's already into her second 8.5x11 album. It is so fun to see her progression over the past couple of years and I know these books will be treasures for the both of us in the years to come.

To me, Meg's thought process is just as great as her final creation. She's really big into paper piecing (specifically cutting her patterned paper into animal, house and cave shapes), smiley faces, and more recently, finding unique uses for the embellishments (photo corners as hats.) I always include her thought processes into my gallery description when uploading her layouts to the gallery and print them off and attach them to the back of her pages before putting them away in her album.

For those of you with young children I heartily encourage you to get them to scrap with you on a regular basis. Even if it's only 1-2 layouts a month they're creating memories and art that you will treasure forever.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

aawww...that's a wonderful article, Julie! Kaylee likes to scrap with me quite often too and alot of times she just gets in her STASH and creates her own little projects.

Catherine said...

This is a great blog! Wonderful thing to document!

Melanie said...

You're so right! I really need to let Natalie scrap with me more regularly. At least someone in this house will appreciate my scrap goodies! :D

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! So nice that Meg shares your scrapping interest - for however many layouts it is! Those memories and pages will be great to look at in years to come! So nice!

Scrap Addict, Inc said...

We've been truly honored to have her on our design team. She's a great asset here at Scrap Addict!