5.18.2008

Traveling this Summer? Scrap while you're away!

I'll start by saying I don't go to crops. I like to scrap at home when the mood strikes me and I get too social at crops to actually complete anything. Now, why on earth did I tell you that? Well, so that you know I've never really preplanned or packed anything for scrapping away from home!


Recently, my husband's work sent him to a seminar in Vegas and I was lucky enough to tag along. I realize that most people traveling to Vegas would plan to sit by the pool, gamble, or take in a show. This is just another reminder of how I am NOT most people :) Me, I planned to sit in the hotel room while dh was in meetings all day and SCRAP!
So, I grabbed the basics, my trimmer, hermie tabs, and scissors. I then grabbed some scrapaddict kits and went through my photos to find ones that worked with the kit colors or themes. I checked to see if I'd want to add anything like letter stickers, or if I'd need some other form of adhesive. I stuck all of this into my Making Memories adorable pink bag (the shoulder one that I usually use to transport papers to and from school in) and I was all set!

I had no problems with security, and waltzed right onto the plane. I didn't try to do anything in the air other than sketch a couple of ideas for layouts and sleep.

The first day of meetings for dh was a full day of playing for me! I went and got a Coke Zero, checked the wireless connection on the computer and played away! I was happy to see that my link to Scrapaddict would not be a problem:



While I do admit I would have wanted a couple other things for the layout, I was happy with how everything turned out! I was able to get four layouts completed, spend lots of time online, and had no one pulling my leg asking me to get them a snack. Ahhhh, my idea of a vacation!





3 comments:

Catherine said...

This is such a cool idea! My kind of vacation exactly!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Sounds like a great time!

Deanna said...

Sounds like a FUN time!