2.07.2008

Justify Your Scrap Purchases!

If you’re like me you may have periods of guilt when it comes to your scrapping purchases. (Not too often mind you, but every now and then I do feel a bit of what I call “supply shame.”) One way to ease those pangs is to put your stash to good use for your kid’s school projects.

For example, my daughter’s school is having their annual Winter Sweetheart Carnival this coming weekend and as a room mom, I am in charge of decorating her class booth. One item required of every booth is a shoebox for ticket storage. Well those of you who know me know that I am not one to do anything halfway. One old shoebox, some cardstock, some buttons, some decorative tape, some bling and voila!…the best darned ticket box the school will ever see. :) I even dusted off my Cricut to create the lettering. How’s that for supply justification? *wink* And I will be further vindic ated when my supplies are put to additional use as I design and create the poster for their booth.


So remember, your scrapping supplies need not be used solely for your scrapbooking ventures. Volunteer to make a few projects for your child’s classroom and both you and the school will benefit from the experience.



Julie

ScrapAddict Design Team

1 comment:

Deanna said...

aawww....that's a really creative idea!