2.24.2008

The last time that I had the pleasure of posting to the blog, I did two things:
1: Post on time (didn't happen this time, sorry!)
2: Talk about white space (going to happen again!)
So, we discussed the effective use of white space on layouts and saw some great examples from the gallery. So, that got me thinking.....What about white space on photos? I love having creative angles and perspectives in the photos that I take. This includes off setting subject of the photo so that there is a lot of empty space around them. Of course, I then have this incredible need to fill that empty space. I'm sure it has something to do with being a Virgo or baby of the family, whatever, it's a *need*
One of my favorite ways to fill the white space is to use it as a journaling spot. In this layout about how much I love the DVD player in my husband's Edge, there was a huge amount of space between the kids that just called to me to be journaled on.




I think that this made for a playful and unique way to add my jounaling to the layout.

Until I'm late again next time!
KelliBlueFrog

2 comments:

Deanna said...

That's a great idea about journaling on the photo, Kelli. Lovin' your arrows!

Jill said...

Great idea! Your arrows rock!