4.19.2008

A time of reflection...

Today is my 44th birthday. I usually find birthdays to be a time of reflection. I wonder and think about life as it is, how I wanted it to be and how it hasn't been. I occasionally wonder what was my mom like at this age, what did she like, and where was she in her life at my age?

Recently I did this layout reflecting on my life at almost 44. I love the way that it turned out. Some day when one of my girls reaches the age of 44, she will be able to look and compare what her life is like compared with mine.



I don't want you to think that this is the only occassion that you can do a page of reflection. Try doing your thoughts of motherhood on Mother's day, your feelings on living in the USA for the fourth of July, or your religious beliefs on Easter or Christmas. You can write a letter to your father (living or deceased) on Father's day. Even do a whole page devoted to cheese cake on National Eat Cheesecake day - which is July 30th by the way. (According to http://library.thinkquest.org/2886/foo.htm - a site that is devoted to the dates of many bizzare food holidays! Dang, I missed Cheeseball day by 2 days!) How about a page with a single photo of a child reflecting on your life at their age or how they remind you of you when you were a child.
Photos are optional on a reflection page. Take a million photos of your next desert!!! You never know what kind of journaling you can come up with to go with them. For now, think about a reflection page you would like to do. Go and write the journaling now whether on paper or on your blog so that when you find the perfect photo, memorabilia or paper to go with it, you will be ready!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill -
Happy Birthday & what a wonderful challenge! Love the idea of a reflection page. Thanks for the nudge!

Deanna said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Jill and great 'reflection' page idea!