3.29.2008

30 Minutes or LESS!

I usually don't like spending hours and hours on one layout. Scrapping is fun for me and I want to keep it that way, so I don't like agonizing over one page. So, I thought I'd give you instructions on scrapping quickly. This page was done in under 30 minutes, except that I already had my photo chosen and printed.

{I always place everything down until I like the way it looks, then go back and ink everything and then start glueing in place.}

First I chose my photo and printed it, then matted it. Then I chose my pp's. Limit yourself to 10 minutes for this process or you could spend alot of your time trying to chooose the 'perfect' pp's! Then, I chose some already cut papers and a piece of cardstock for the background. Laid the pp pieces on my cs along with the photo until I liked what I saw. Tore the vertical strip down one side. Then, chose 1 deco strip. Here I chose a Doodlebug paper frill and placed it along the side. Next, I placed the butterfly and cut out different colored pieces for the accent colors. Chose some black brads to go down the center of the butterly. Next, chose 3 button accents to match. I used Love, Elsie Chipboard Buttons along with tiny brads. Then, I found a title sticker, which described the photo and lastly, chose a journal tag and quickly jotted down my thoughts. Wa La! DONE!

Supplies Needed for 12 x 12 layout -
1 photo (4 1/2" high x 5 1/2" wide)
1 CS for background, 1 photo matte
3 pieces Patterned Paper (8 1/2" Wide x 9" high), (8 1/2" wide x 3/4" high), (3" wide x 11 1/4" high)
1 deco trim.........ribbon, paper frill, deco strip
1 main accent......butterfly, flower, star, etc.
3 smaller accents......buttons, brads, flowers, etc.
1 title
1 journal tag

I hope you'll try scrapping quickly and see what you come up with. Since I have ALOT of photos to scrap for my grandkids I think I'm gonna use this same technique and design for the other kids' pages as well. Possibly turning the design around. Would be a pretty quick way to get 5 layouts done!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I wish I could scrap like that. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I just know 2 hrs per layout is way too long if I'm ever going to get anywhere with my albums!