3.28.2008

Precious Photos











I have been spending some time going through and organizing photos. It seems that for me this is a bit of a never ending process. I am pretty good at keeping up with current photos but because of scrapbooking I have become “the keeper of photos” for my family. And I am actually very happy about that! I mean imagine my luck to have the photos from my maternal grandparents honeymoon to Mt. Rushmore. And when looking at the photos seeing Mt. Rushmore under construction – wow – that is history!! A little less remarkable in terms of American history but just as important in my personal history is a picture of my paternal grandfather home on leave from World War II holding my dad as an infant for the first time. And a picture of my dad and mom on their wedding day. I am not sure how or when I am going to scrapbook all of these treasures but I do know that I am so pleased to be the unofficial keeper of the photos in my family.

Lynne






3 comments:

Catherine said...

What amazing pictures to have! You are very lucky!

Deanna said...

That's awesome to have such treasured photos of the family!

Cori said...

what beautiful photos and how special to have them!