3.21.2008

Adding that "extra something" to your pages

My kids have always loved my scrapbooks. They love to look through and see photos of themselves as babies or playing in a swimming pool or riding their bike for the first time, however they're getting older and becoming a little less interested in seeing my creations. But I've found a new way to get them hooked - the hidden Mickey's.

It all started in 2006 when we went to Disneyland for the first time as a family. My kids loved searching for the hidden Mickey's in Disneyland park so when I returned home I decided to incorporate that into my Disney pages. Each and every page in my Disneyland album has a Mickey head of some sort on it. Some are quite obvious.
Some are a little less so (hint: look carefully in the rocks behind us).

These were an absolute hit with the kids and 2 years later they are still regularly looking at the Disneyland albums to search for the hidden Mickey's.

Fast forward to 2008. We took a family vacation to Disneyworld this year and, as can be expect, came home with TONS of photos to scrap. The kids are all 2 years older and much wiser to my hidden Mickey ways so I knew I was going to have to be a little more stealthy this time. And I found just the thing to help me with that ... a teeny tiny Mickey head punch. AHA! Secret weapon to the rescue!!!

My first few pages have delighted the kids and they eagerly await my next completed Disney page. I'm thrilled that taking the time to add that "extra something" has been such fun for my kids. I hope in years to come they will look back on these albums regularly, even if it is just to search for hidden Mickey's.
So think about adding that little "extra something" to your scrapbook pages. Maybe pick up some sand while at the beach and use it as an embellishment on your beach photos. Or hide a heart on each page of your next mini album. There are so many little extras to choose from. Have fun with it! I can't wait to see what you come up with. :)
Annette (pixleyyy)
Scrapaddict DT

2 comments:

skilespartyof5 said...

Annette, love your blog post...the hidden Mickeys are so fun to look for and the little punch works perfectly!

Deanna said...

That's such an awesome idea with all the hidden Mickeys and I enjoy finding them in your pages also!