3.22.2008

I have a new toy!

I have a new toy. With this toy I can play late at night without waking my dh sleeping in the next room. There will be no need to go to the kitchen to pound on a solid surface. The best thing about my new toy is that my poor old arthritic hands don't hurt when I use it. In fact I can use my new toy time and again with no adverse affects to my hands.

What might you ask is this wonder? This miraculous invention? My Crop-O-Dile! I realize its not a new thing and many of you probably already have it. But I just couldn't see how this doo-hickey could be "all that" and more. I mean, a hole punch is a hole punch, right? Wrong!

I've looked at the Crop-o-dile before but until recently I'd never been able to try it...I like "try before you buy." I was at a lss here in Indy to get some cardstock to finish a project. They had the Crop-o-dile and the new Big Bite out where you could try them. Both of these things "ate" through multiple pieces of heavy cardstock easily...and my hands didn't hurt. To use a regular hole punch even on 2 sheets of paper I have to use both hands and then it really does hurt. I tried 4 pieces of chipboard...punched easily.

While the Big Bite was appealing to punch holes anywhere on a layout I decided to buy the Crop-o-dile. Not only because of the price difference but because I rarely need to put a hole anywhere but on edges and if I do need to I can resort to my MM hole punch, hammer and trusty CM matt.

See these holes?


Punched quickly with one hand through 1/4" thick chipboard....now this is all I can show you of my current project because it's Laura/Scrapsnsmile's gift for guessing when I"d hit 14,000 posts...and I don't want her to know what's coming.

This is a quick slick fun new toy!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Thanks for the info on that hole punch. I used it at the LSS one time. Can't wait to see your finished product for Laura! :)