3.05.2008

Extending the life of your cards...

I love to make cards. The greatest thing is the instant gratification and thrill of completing something quickly that is handmade and sure to please. However, when I write in them, I feel like I ruin them. The joy is given to the person I sent it to and it is done. They enjoy them for a short while, it brightens their life and then might be put in a drawer and forgotten.

Recently I send the card unused. Unused?? You are asking??? I will write my note on a piece of white cardstock that fits inside the card. I also include a blank envelope (folded in half.) At the bottom of my note on the cardstock, I jot down a little bit for the receipient to spread the joy by share the card.

The first time I did that was last summer. Do you know that the person commented on that gift recently to me. I hope I helped her spread some joy to a person in her life that needs it.

Next time you send a card. Try it!

Jill
Design Team Member and Co-Design Team Coordinator - www.scrapaddict.com

2 comments:

Catherine said...

That's a great idea!

Deanna said...

I love that idea, Jill! :)