3.07.2008

JulieWorld Organizational Tips

[b]Yet Another Organizational Method from JulieWorld[/b]


There was a lot of chatter on the ScrapAddict boards this week regarding rubber/acrylic stamp and who knows, come Monday, there may be more yet to come. *major hint…and I mean MAJOR* I love stamps, especially acrylic ones, but found that they were definitely "out of sight, out of mind" scrapping items for me. After the purchase of my Clip It Up last fall I came up with what I think is a very brilliant *wink* storage idea that perhaps some of you might be able to use.

I purchased several sets of the Tim Holtz Unmounted Refill Pockets



made for his unmounted stamp case, both manufactured by Cropper Hopper. Each package contains five very sturdy top loading see-through "envelopes" which can easily be hung on my Clip It Up. The size is perfect for the approximate 5x7 dimensions of the Autumn Leaves stamp sets as well as those created by other manufacturers.


Since I keep my Clip It Up on my main scrap desk I just flip the unit to see all of my stamp sets at a glance.


This system has worked really well for me and I'm finding that I use my stamps so much more than I did with my previous storage method.


I discovered another method of storage for those smaller individual stamps that we all tend to collect. This 2nd storage solution involves the Cropper Hopper Zip N Flip envelope system. This product has clear top loading Ziploc envelopes that are staggered vertically onto a 3 holed punched backing and comes in two sizes. The medium size has 18 envies

while the larger size has 8 envies,



each size sold in sets of two. I packed several sets of these envies with my loose acrylic stamps and loaded them into a large 3 ring which I keep on a shelf. When I'm making cards I take the binder down and flip through my stamp collection. This system makes it very easy to see just what you have at a glance so no more "out of sight, out of mind."


JulieP

ScrapAddict Design Team Member

2 comments:

Deanna said...

WOW! I love your organization for your stamps sets, Julie! I have mine in a drawer and must admit I don't use them very often.

Anonymous said...

this is a great idea Julie, like it much better than what I am doing. still can't seem to log in to comment so this is from Skilespartyof5